I have experience editing and writing many types of non-fiction prose. My current areas of focus are academic books and articles, legal marketing materials, non-fiction trade books, grants, project proposals, and presentations.
- Evaluate a manuscript and offer ideas for revision
- Provide big-picture advice about content and argumentation
- Create a new outline and structure
- Develop transitions and write to achieve flow
- Shorten or adapt manuscripts for a new purpose
- Address comments or suggestions from other readers
- Correct mechanical errors and make sure style is consistent
- Line edit the manuscript to eliminate ambiguous, repetitive, or tedious writing
- Fix sentence structure
- Create internal consistency
- Conduct original research and interviews
- Write fresh content
- Rewrite or revise old text
I bill by the hour, and my rates vary depending on the nature and scope of the work. I consult with my clients to create a schedule and budget that fits their needs. Please feel free to call or email for an estimate. For academic projects, I provide detailed line edits in the “track changes” function of Microsoft Word and write a separate comprehensive critique. For other projects, I can write and edit to suit in-house specifications.